Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Logo workings

I don't really like the resolution of the first logo.. It seems a bit cheap? But it does seem finished to me.. I like the text used (and now I know how to type in a circle) I like the the third logo now that the circles are irregular, I also think this font is successful. It seems sci-fi without being limited to, as it is bold and strong. I used reds and oranges as the colour scheme to try and tie it in with Australia. I am happy with the middle logo. I think it is the most successful as it ties in books as well as the rings of saturn. It seems sophisticated and almost timeless. I think the nice font as a lot to do with that.




With the middle logo above I worked it from an existing logo (the Barbour logo). I really liked this logo because of it's reference to books without being cheap looking or over powering. I liked my original copy of it, but it is too similar. I first tried using a circle instead of a square to incorporate Saturn. I really like the text and placement of text for this and chose to use this in my final design.

I was also working on building pages or books to use as a graphic (the purple design below). I then used text to connect it with rings of saturn, but this never seemed to work. Some looking like a school logo or just looking too slapped on. I then started playing with circles and eventually put the circle design from another of my logos inside the pages. I believe this works well

No comments: