Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Existing Publishers Logo

Looking at existing publishers logos many incorporate books or pages into the logo. I think this is a hard task as not many with books are that effective. The successful publishers logos with books used subtle graphics to suggest pages or books somehow. I really like the "Barbour" logo. It is simple, uses this subtle way with pages, I like the text and placement of text.
I also like the simplicity and modernity of the "Blackwell" logo. There didn't seem to be a main colour except black. Black is sophisticated and can be used anywhere. Less modern fonts seemed to be used, however this was not always. I believe going with modern or traditional fonts would work just as well. With my publishers logo I want to work with trying to incorporate books and play with the modern versus traditional fonts.


No comments: