Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Readings 4: Text

Thinking With Type

I found this website informative, interesting, comprehensive as well as being user friendly having an and attractive design. I found the information on the different type faces particularly interesting. I learnt that I like the font Futura. I knew I liked sans serif fonts as they are simpler and look more modern. I chose a sans serif font for my Berrima logo to convey this modern and simple straight to the point look. I have looked at the kerning, spacing, tracking, placing of the logo type as well as the placing of the logo and graphic element. I believe that the placing etc is important and changes the look and feel of the overall logo. With the business card I introduced different font variations for emphasis. The employers name is bold so he stands out from the other information (but is still smaller than the company logo itself). The job description is in italics once again to distinguish it from the rest of the information (also not too big, smaller than the name and logo, but bigger than the contact details).

"A graphic designer can set out to change the world one business card at a time—as long as it is the business card of a really interesting person."

No comments: