Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Readings 3: revenge of the Brand

What, exactly, is a brand, anyway?: Excerpt from The Revenge of Brand X by Rob Frankel

I thought this reading was interesting, informative and well written. Getting people to see your brand as the only solution. Getting the message across quickly and clearly. I think simple designs work well because of this. A design that is to the point and stands out. With my Berrima work I chose a simple text with a graphic that would hopefully become iconic being used over all aspects of the brand.

Being original, different from the brand next to you. I stayed away from the world and orbits and actual planes or birds (although I did explore these) in my airport designs as this is what other airports seemed to use. I went from trying to incorporate Australian elements and the aboriginal boomerang has connotations with flying so i thought it would fit well. the colours I chose also aren't traditional sky blues but again aboriginal oranges and reds. I did introduce a blue later on as a secondary colour to contrast.

Advertising grabs their minds. Branding gets their hearts

No comments: