Sunday, March 4, 2007

Existing Airport logos

Looking at existing airport logos the colour sky blue seems to be used a lot as a reference to flying. Arrows, airplanes and wings also seem to be used a lot. The text seems to be sans serif a lot. I like the Melbourne airport logo. I think it's successful. It looks modern as well as australian. The "melbourne" text being in caps and bold with "airport" being in just caps in effective. I want to work a bit with doing this. A lot of the logos are vertical however could be rearranged if necessary. I want my final logo to be able to be versatile like that. I will play with colours in my logo and not just stick with the traditional colour of blue. Blue is calm and has connotations with the sky, flying and airports. maybe as a secondary colour.


No comments: