Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Readings 2:How to Design Logos, Symbols and Icons

Pittsburgh Children's Museum
I think the solution for this logo was concluded well. The playful look was developed successfully. They can be used in a variety of contexts and will become iconic of that company easily as they stand out and are unique.

Metron
I think this logo fulfills the brief. It is modern and portrays a fun/entertainment complex. Most of the alternate logos fitted the brief and looked good however the finished one is modern as it portrays technology more. Being a text based logo the type has been chosen well which complements the need and feel of the company. It can be used in a variety of contexts including the watermark which still works well as a strong logo. The architecture compliments the logo as well unlike the other alternate logos.

The steps and process' each of these brands went through to reach there final successful design is similar to the steps I have tried to take with the Berrima International Airport logo.

No comments: