Tuesday, June 27, 2006

CARS

I saw Cars last night. Another great and clever 3D animation from Pixar/Disney. It inspired me as well as being overwhelming. I would love to produce stuff as good as that but I know I never will be able to (on my own anyway). It made me think my animation is just so simple and no good. On the other hand it inspired me to work on my animation. It was animated really well to show character... Which exactly what I have been exploring and experimenting with with my animation. The cars are squished into shapes to make them have different emotions. I believe that eyebrows are the key to expressing moods, which can be seen in Cars. With my animation however, the ball doesn't have arms, legs, eyes, eyebrows, mouths etc to help convey his emotions to I am using a lot of deformers to manipulate and squish him try to show what he is doing. I have mucked around and experimented with different kinds of deformers to see what ones would be best. I have come to the conclusion that the lattice deformer is the go with a bit from the nonlinear deformers.

1 comment:

Kyle Comtesse said...

Any chance of some draft renders? i'd love to see this squishy ball that has attitude to other shapes. Sounds like you have this animation sorted. Can't wait to see it.