Friday, July 7, 2006
Progress With Character!!
So it seems trying to convey character into a simple object such as a ball is harder than first expected.. Because of the balls lack of human features I have been trying to manipulate and squish the ball into different shapes to convey different moods etc.. I know it is hard to imagine my animation when I say the ball is going to sniff the triangle or poke his head out because he doesn't have a nose or a head but this has been my challange which has been harder than I thought.. The deformer handles in Maya have been my best friends over the last couple of weeks and I am still finding new ways they can work.. Then I have also found the graph editor to be wonderfully helpful in getting the smoothness of movements into my ball.. I understand it a lot more than I did last year in 203.. It has taken longer than I thought it would to get the ball to move in the way I want it to.. But is coming a long ok.. The key has been to have him moveing and deforming all the time to give the animation exitement, it will also look good once I've done the sound.. I just keep thinking what it would have looked like if we hadn't got the extension.. Or what I would have looked like because of lack sleep..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment