Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Sound

Sound has been an ongoing problem for me as I don't know whta i want it to be like. Initially I wanted it to be full of sound effects and have collected some from the net as well as recording my own. However when I did a short mock up with the visuals it, as I feared, looked very put together and didn't flow. I thought, maybe the easy way out, to put a track over the top but this also had complications as the music didn't suit some sections as the balls mood kept changing. I thought of trying to mix some music tracks from the net to suit each part but that didn't get very far as it just didn't work. So I thought I am going to have to create my own. I got the help of my friend Steve and we tried mucking around with my other friends keyboard making up music to suit the mood of the ball. It was taking ages as we were both quite new to this kind of thing. We gave up and I went back to mucking around with sound effects and mixing them with music....

In the end I thought, if I want the sound to look good with the animation I really am going to need to do it myself.. So once again Steve and I sat down with the piano, but with a more successful outcome. It was quite fun thinking of ways to show sniffs, sleeping, sighs etc. I am actually very happy with the way the sound turned out after much frustration.

No comments: