Monday, March 14, 2005

"The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary". -Vidal Sassoon

Has anyone been in the Market Place in town lately? The DesignTech display is on.. Last years yr 12 major works from DT which travel around the state and go to the Powerhouse. Its brought back memories of this time last year. My bedside table major work was displayed there last year.. I had to come over from Griffith with it and was presented with an award, it also gave my sister and I an excuse to go shopping.. It was really interesting to see other peoples works from around the state.. this year my favourite would probably be a game for the deaf and blind or a personalised wedding gown with family photos printed on the fabric. This year there wasn't as many furniture items, but alot of inventive stuff.. Anyway it was very interesting especially since I had done the subject. I recommend you go take a look next time your down there.

1 comment:

Andy said...

Yeah I saw that the other day...But my friends was not there and she did cool animation that got a red dot. I had another friend who only mist out because he's was too hard to transport! (screw that, I say). Anywho, yes the deaf thing was good. But the clothing was not as good, I had a girl from my class who did better designs. But I can't say much, mine wasn't chosen. And what was with the shopping trolley with the brakes!?! The cover had the Jack Arse picture on it, so God only knows what it was for. I don't wanna think about it. I mean ANyone in my D&T classes projectss would have been better, and more though out.

Well, that's my two bits.