Tuesday, March 8, 2005

Ok I think I'm finally getting it!

I'm not much of a computer person as you have probably guessed but I think I am getting Blogging down pat! Ok I keep thinking about a women I know who was taking over from my job this year. Last year I worked as a junior office assistant at Nugans a group of company's in Griffith run by one of the richest people in Griffith, Michelle Nugan, made up of a winery, juice plant, packing shed and a restaurant. Anyway the lady taking over my job was like 50 and had never touched a computer. My job really suited someone younger (well that's why it was called JUNIOR office assistant) anyway she was friends of my boss. I had the wonderful job of training her for not only what I did (drive around in a Statesmen doing mail, banking, delivering wine samples etc) but teaching her things like "this is a mouse" "this is the on button" it was quite frustrating but I tried to be patient and I hope she can now at least send an email because that's how we sent phone messages down to the juice plant etc. She is also a very slow typer which is something she just needs practice.

No comments: