One of the biggest problems I face throughout my life is not being able to get pants or JEANS long enough!!! I am exactly 6ft tall (or 183cm) and according to retailers have legs too long for them to cater for. It has always been near impossible for me to get them long enough. Last year, for example, I only owned 2 pairs of full length pants and NO JEANS!! One pair were "extra long" black pants I found in Sussans and of course had to buy them. It was so exciting getting pants that fitted!! The other pair originally were to short but had a huge cuff which I took down and sewed a fake cuff to make them a lot longer.
It seems if you are tall you need to know how to sew and make your own pants. I am not a sewer but have been forced into learning how to make alterations in my clothes. The majority of the pants I own are ones I have made into three quarter pants because they have been too short as full length.
No one could believe it that I didn't own a pair of jeans. I used to buy men's jeans or larger size jeans and sew the waist in. They would then look baggy and bulky around the top area and still wouldn't be as long as I would have liked. Why do retailers make jeans longer as the size increases. Fatter people aren't always tall, and skinnier people aren't always short. They should cater for all length and width combinations.
The way I shop for jeans is to go into a shop and ask the assistant "give me your longest pair of jeans". They usually say something like "Oh you have trouble with length, well these ones are super long". Once I'd try them on the assistant would look really shocked that they were TOO SHORT! I am not fussy at all when it comes to jeans , I was willing to buy any type of jeans. I JUST WANTED TO BE ABLE TO WEAR JEANS THAT FITTED!!
I know so many people who have this same problem. Tall people, long legs, no pants. So why aren't extra, extra long pants and jeans made available. Well, just last year after many failed attempts in trying on jeans, one retail assistant gave me the web address for a shop in Sydney which sell LONG JEANS! I told a work friend who also had the same problem and she straight away bought some. She was so ecstatic that she had jeans long enough to wear even with heels. That made me exited and hopeful that maybe at last I could own some JEANS. I went to the site, found some that looked good and within 3 days my jeans arrived in the mail. I tried them on and couldn't believe it! I was wearing jeans that dragged on the ground!! I could wear heels with jeans!! They fitted around the top!! When I held them up to the regular length jeans in a shop they were literally 10cm longer!!
The Tall Jeans site has made me happy and helped in solving my problem of getting jeans long enough. I have included a link to their site in case there is anyone out there who has the same problem as me when buying jeans or pants. I recommend it for LONG jeans.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hmm...THat's an interesting problem, can't say I've have ever heard of someone having such a problem, bu then again I don't buy jeans! But that aside, I'm very surprised that they don't make jeans very long...Maybe because they figure that women are generally shorter (which in a lot of cases is true). But having to go to a web store to get jeans that fit is(I think)pretty drastic! If I bye anything I find they are too long most of the time and I'm over 6ft!
Yes but your a guy. Men's jeans are longer, have you ever tried women's jeans on.. They expect that women are ALL shorter. But they are wrong. Most women are but there are many women with this same problem and at last there is a shop that caters for these people.
Also most of my friends have to take up their pants because they are too long. I have jokingly said that they should cut off the bottoms of their pants and sew it onto mine.
I can sorta relate to your problem... And i totally agree with the comment you made about not all tall people are 'big'. I dont have problems with length but the size, Im to damn skinny :(. But anywayz congrads on gettin ur first real pair of lengthy jeans :D.
Post a Comment