ANZAC day was yesterday.. I went along to the ANZAC day parade in Griffith. I used to march but havn't been for a long time.. It was pretty interesting.. good to see people of all ages still getting involved to remember the soldiers who died for us. When I was in Forster during the holidays I actually went to an ANZAC day ceremony at my Dads and step sisters school (Forster High). It was a enjoyable ceremony.. The school is years 7 to 10 and some of the students did speeches.. one of the kids who is in year 8 or something did a really good speech about who are heros to different people and how the soldiers of war are the real heros.. I thought it was excellent, he was also a great public speaker.
Also that day I sat in as a student in my Step sisters yr8 English class. It was fun.. The kids are all so little.. It brought back memories of being back at school. We had to write in our journals about the ANZAC ceremony and the spirit of ANZAC day.. Then some people had to read it out to the class and the teacher commented on them. She was impressed with mine (yay).. And used it as an example to the class on how it wasn't just a recount like some of the other kids were.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment