Sunday, April 10, 2005

"In two days, tomorrow will be yesterday"

During the holidays I went up to Forster to see my Dad. I cought the XPT train to Sydney because now I'm a student again it only costs $45. So the trip to Sydney was surposed to be a train but it was running 2hrs late so we had the option of the bus so I got a bus the whole way, which meant we had to stop at all the train stations anyway and not go straight up the highway.. we acually got to Sydney about the same time as the train would have though. But what a long trip!! From Griffith at 9.25am to Sydney at 7.45!! And I still wasn't at my destination!! I would have had to stay in Sydney the night to catch the link to Forster, but I cought another train to Newcastle, which got in at 11.45, where my Grandparents picked me up and drove me to Forster the next day... Such a long trip!! I knew I would have to do it all again later in the week!!

So, the next week I booked the train linked from Taree (half an hour from Forster) to Griffith and once again the train wasn't running from Taree to Sydney so we had to catch a bus (it was a double decker which was pretty cool). So at 1.30 on the morning I drove to Taree and cought the bus!! It was freezing cold on the bus and I had shorts and thongs on! The other thing wass I ALMOST got a seat to my self but at the last minute (we actually had to stop the bus) a big fat guy got on and of course had to sit next to me!!

I got to Sydney about 7.30 in the morning to catch the train at 7.45 and when I got there they had mixed the tickets up and I didn't have a seat.. finally in Goulbourn I got a proper seat and then someone had to sit nexted to me again the whole way.. we chatted a bit but I was too tired..

Then I had to get off at Wagga and catch the connecting bus to Griffith. We stopped at Narrandra where people got off and I thought I could make a quick dash to the toilet before we went on our way again.. I came out of the toilet to see the bus starting to pull away. I didn't have anything (money, phone) with me. I actually had to run after it and wave down the driver.. She then kept saying how I should never get off the bus without telling her first. But I made it and at about 5.00 I arrived in Griffith AT LAST!! I didn't get much sleep the whole day but it didn't stop me going out and catching up with my friends that night.

No comments: