IDEA #1 A story of the Scissors and the pencil came into view. This would comprise of a pair of scissors against a pencil in a war for the most creativity. Each object creating something one better. Then they either realise together they can achieve more or another stationary item comes along and beats both of them. (Along those lines anyway). My idea kept coming back to stationary and creativity. (this would also be a metaphor for how us, as a class, feel and act. Competition, collaboration and sharing ideas). One character I had in mind was a French paint brush. All the other "boring" stationary objects were jealous of him and they work as a team to create something even better (eg. a 3D paper house). I also thought I could have the best object to be a computer. I thought it would look good as stop motion or done in Flash.
IDEA #2
The mice have been annoying me for the last couple of nights and we have been having a bit of fun trying to catch them. We actually found a dead one in the fridge!! He had had a lovely last few minutes of his life eating my cheese and pooing everywhere!! and finally must have froze to death. This inspired an idea based on our mouse trap game. This animation would encompass a person trying to sleep with the scratching of a mouse. He sets a trap and in a Coyote and Road Runner style looses everytime. I also thought in the end when he catches him it could be Mickey Mouse. I can see this working best in Flash.
IDEA #3
A snail. Minding his own business when he hears a lawn mower. The mower gets closer as he tries to run away (slide) but being a snail he is too slow and the last few seconds the tension grows as the mower gets closer and closer, snail sweating until he hides into his shell. Then everything is black as we hear sound like something (a rock) going through a lawn mower and then silence. The snail slowly pops his head out and sighs in relief. He then goes back to minding his own business as the mower is seen disappearing into the distance. Then out of nowhere a bird comes down and eats the snail. I actually have drawn a storyboard and character for this story.(sorry about the bad scan-just to give you a rough idea) I can see this animation in Flash however I wouldn't mind trying hand drawn. The main probablem I have with this story is the length I don't know if it will be long enough.




2 comments:
You could start the snail off in long grass with the bird looking for food only to be unable to find or catch the snail because it is hidden, then the lawnmower comes aling with the snail shitting itself only to escape, but whilst breathing a sigh of relief not realising that it is in open territory and the bird gets it. Or the bird is attacked by another animal before it gets the opportunity, or the lawn mower person puts atable or BBQ over the snail just as the bird swoops then the snail gets squashed by the BBQ people or ............
i like all the ideas. they appear colourful which would appear to be strange as most people are doing sad, sombre, dark, twisted animations. The Snail idea is great ther eis so much room to put tension. but i fail to see how you could stretch it to 2 minutes. The first idea is really good as well, since your focusing on stationary items, you can actually have a pool of characters come to life. and the group part of where multiple items join to gether to create a masterpeice to match the paintbrush classic. The brush paints famous pictures and the group of items try to replicate it using, a crafted object, like a paper house. So the first idea is a good start point for your animation, if you choose to do it.
Post a Comment