





The question now is what I do the animation in. I had never used Flash until I started mucking around with a ball boucing etc. I have used Maya before however I would be using completly different ways of animating than I did last year in 203. So it basically comes down to the visual aesthetics of each medium. Here is a pic of the characters in Maya (sorry just PLE) and in Flash just so you can visualise it better.


Here are some very basic and quick tests I mocked up in Maya and Flash. Using Maya and deformer handles which look as though I will be using a lot for the deforming of my ball. This test is very slow but you'll get the idea. Here is the same thing in Flash and just another tutorial muck up in Flash of a ball bouncing.
Each medium gives a completely different feel to the animation. I tried a little with toon shader in Maya but didn't like it. I may change my mind after Hages shows us more about it.
1 comment:
I love the story about the circle/ball...i was thinking that you could have another frame at the end with the triangle and the square cosying up together (not that there's anything wrong with that, as Seinfeld would say)
Post a Comment