Thursday, September 29, 2005

My third Image

After alot of thought into what I was going to base my third image on I finally decided on an alarm clock. Based on one I have at home:


I wanted to use an image plane in the background and I would be using ray tracing which I hadn't yet used.

The metal on the bells took a little bit of trouble. The texture I put on it had a reflection image in it already and after a bit of mucking around I found out I could put whatever image in the reflection. Here are a few of my practices:


The one above has the image plane picture in the bells and the one below has another image in it.


I decided the original image in the texture was the best.

The clock face wasn't texturing right either untill I used a projection. I made a glass dome over the clock face and with ray tracing I beleive it looks quite good. I gave the light a blue tinge for mood and then pronounced it finished. This is the finishd image:

No comments: