Tuesday, October 4, 2005

Evaluation/Conclusion

Well I have now finished and saved my images and ready to hand them in. I thought I would talk about how I feel about them all overall. My favourite is the bookshelf. I think it has mood/atmosphere, late afternoon homely feel because of the coloured lights, fog and darkness. It probably is also my most realistic looking image. I think that now looking at it, it may be a little dark and the light maybe a bit orange but yes I am happy with it and it is my favourite.

My Clock is pretty good, I'm happy with it. The hands, I have just realised, don't have a shadow and I don't know about the reflection in the bell. The fork I think turned out quite well comparing it to the photo I was basing it on. The trouble I had with the actual modelling of the fork (first go at modelling), it still isn't perfect. I actually was mucking round doing a fork using subdiv, the same way the hand is made in the Maya tuts. The shadow also isn't exactly how I wanted it. I guess their is an easy way to fix it but don't know it yet.

The Maya help I believe was a really great help!! I used it quite often and it was very helpful as were the tuts.

No comments: