I'm Experimenting with different techniques to restore old and damaged photos for my seminar.
Both images scanned in at 600dpi. Image on left positioned vertically with the scanner and image on right scanned horizontally against scanner. (Image wasn’t original film)
Owner of this image wanted me to take out crease that I did with the clone stamp tool and added a blur filter to eliminate small dust specks and also scan lines. I also corrected the colour and added a slight sepia tone so the image would still look aged.
I have been playing around with this image. By using a channel mixer adjustment layer and changing the image to monochrome I was able to restore a lot of the brown stain straight away. I then used a fill for the sky with added noise and clouds as well as adding a blur filter to eliminate small spots etc. and the clone stamp tool and healing brush for larger scratches. This is the image so far on right.
Another image I have been playing around with. This one had a lot of fingerprints and smudges.
This is the image I’m planning to show in my seminar. The left hand side of the image is totally warped and will need selecting and moving etc.





No comments:
Post a Comment