Magazine cover
Looking at existing magazines in newsagents and what stands
out and gets my attention, I found that the ones with less text and less colour
grabbed my attention, as they were different to the majority. Magazines with
interesting photographic or design images also grabbed my attention. They
seemed to be design, fashion, photography or business magazines. They appealed
to me, as they looked higher class. Mastheads with bold, san serif text and not
many letters in the name seemed to stand out. I wanted my magazine to show this
less is more look as well as appealing to a smaller higher class market.
Therefore I wanted my design to be simple with a lot of white space in the
image, the use of not much colour in the text, and a bold masthead. Appealing
to a small high class market, my magazine is a design, fashion and art magazine
which also reflects my personal interests.
Magazine Spread
Looking at existing magazine
spreads (cosmopolitan collection, internet search, newsagents) I found what
interested me into the article was, first of all, a catchy image, then the
large heading and thirdly the pull quotes or sub headings. Looking at high-class
expensive design, fashion, art magazines, eg Hunter, the spreads seem to be
spread out more, small writing, lots of white, graphics and simple images. Lois
Greenfield’s photography (loisgreenfield.com) was very inspirational for my
spread as her images are catchy. I chose to stick to not much colour as this
seems sophisticated and upper class.



No comments:
Post a Comment