Monday, September 4, 2006

Corporate Logos

Construction Logo

Existing construction logos seemed to be blocky, bold, strong, heavy, large and masculine. Symbolic shapes and strong yet simple shapes seemed to be used therefore I investigated shapes to construct the text. Using mainly triangles unjoined which gives the option of a third colour. Logos within a box seemed stronger and I therefore chose to put my logo in a box with the option of a fill colour and line.

Clothing Logo

Looking at existing clothing logo designs the use of thin lines, italics and running writing seemed to be used for higher class, sophisticated brands. Generally logo designs seemed to be quite simple using text and little graphics. I decided to project a modern look to the logo by using simple lines and shapes. Most logos used two or three colours at the most. I chose to include a background shade within a square to give the logo more depth. Without it, it seemed weak.


No comments: