Friday, May 12, 2006

"Do you wish to see a miracle?" Dr Claude Belgon

I love silhouette animation!!! I am definitely going to do an animation in this style down the track. I love Jasper Morello!!! The overall look and feel of the animation. The sepia colour scheme and Victorian and Gothic style really add to the atmosphere and make it really interesting, intriguing and wonderful! I love the era it is set in and would love to do an animation from the same time. Or any time from the past really where the fashion was intricate and interesting and would look good in silhouette. Jaspers sound effects are amazing as well. The weird machines and creatures have allowed for a bit of fun in the sound. I don't know much about sound but have always been interested in the foley side of it.. I love the shapes of all the characters. Fat and thin.I think I like the Dr the best with the shapes of his head and the way his glasses are white and coat buttons are grey. LOVE IT!! I am going to do some characters of my own when I have the time.. maybe in the holidays. I suppose the Catch Me If You Can opening titles are the same type of thing. Silhouette. I love both the styles. The graphic style of Catch Me If You Can with the bright bold background colour and use of the staped look to the characters in white or black. And the sepia old-fashioned, look of Jasper with the touches of white and grey in the silhouettes.

Here is the Trailer for Jasper Morello if you want to check it out.

1 comment:

Dibbo said...

Damn, cant run trailer. Explorer alsways encounters problem and has to quit